The right candidate would work alongside talented industry veterans currently developing on Fractured Space. Based in Guildford, Edge Case Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled 3D Environment Artist. In this role, you will help to inspire and create the environment & gameplay assets for the environments in our games. The perfect candidate will be passionate about hard surface 3d art, have a strong science fiction background, be well-versed in all aspects of game art creation & optimisation, and be a hardworking self-motivated team player. They will need to be proficient in hard surface & organic modelling. The candidate would be expected to adopt 3ds Max as their primary package.
You will be able to work independently and also be comfortable with taking direction and artistic critique. You’ll be working within a multidisciplinary team of designers, artists, and developers and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
We’re a young company on the verge of something huge, we’re looking for someone with a good sense of humour who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team, taking our vision and running with it.
- Collaborate with art lead, designers, programmers on object specifications and deliveries
- Translate 2D & 3D concepts and reference material into efficient high-quality 3D assets.
- Create both organic and hard surface models
- Create high-poly and low-poly models and accompanying texture sets that use advanced shaders
- Maintain a high level of quality while working with design and deadline constraints
- Create in game assets to set budgets
- Develop tools and techniques that increase productivity and quality of assets.
- A great eye for detail, natural flair & a strong understanding of composition & colour theory
- Proven ability to create high-poly and low-poly models and textures
- Must have a strong understanding of PBR shader development and lighting
- Solid knowledge of 3ds Max/Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, and other 2D/3D applications
- Must have the ability to take and give constructive criticism and maintain a professional attitude
- Independently self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills
- An online portfolio with samples of your work displaying clean Highpoly to Lowpoly bakes, strong understanding of material variation & photo realistic texturing
- Efficient workflows and diligence
- Good written and verbal English skills
- Experience with Unreal 4
- Traditional art skills (drawing, painting, sculpting, photography)
- Concept skills – Ability to visualize and concept environments and props
- Experience with DDO & NDO
- Experience with Substance Designer